Prioritize customer’s Needs Over Products
The main purpose of content marketing is to prioritize customer’s needs over productsby providing solutions and answers to your customer’s problems. These solutions and problems can be communicated and distributed on the below formats.
Content Marketing Channels
- White Papers: (an authoritative report or guide helping readers understand an issue, solve a problem, or make a decision).
- Thought Leadership articles: (“Thought Leadership is simply about becoming an authority on relevant topics by delivering the answers to the biggest questions on the minds of your target audience”).
- Infographics: (graphic visual representations of information, data or knowledge intended to present complex information quickly and clearly)
- How to guides: A collection of evergreen content and tutorials detailing how to complete tasks
- Videos: the recording, reproducing, or broadcasting of moving visual images.
- eBooks: (An eBook is a text presented in a format which allows it to be read on a computer or handheld device).
- Presentations: (A process of presenting a topic to an audience. It is typically a demonstration, lecture, or speech meant to inform, persuade, or build good will)
- Webcasts and podcasts: (A series of digital media files, usually digital audio or video, that is made available for download via Web syndication)
Master One At A Time
With so many channels to communicate your message it is important to master one at a time and evaluate which one best suits your audience.
Fresh And Relevant New Content
The creation of relevant, new and fresh content is a constant concern for marketers today. Especially for company and organisations without the resources to have their own in-house content creation powerhouse.
Curation Of Content
This lack of resources for marketers has pushed marketers to practice in the curation of content. Although the curation of content in my opinion would not be a long term strategy. But for those starting out it would be a good option. The benefits of the curation of content from trusted resources are as follows.
Benefits Of Curation
- Learn New topics: For marketers wanting to learn new topics the curation from respected experts will allow you to achieve what you want.
- Writing skills: While curating content you will over time learn how best to wright and will soon find your own unique style.
- Your own voice: As you curate content you will become more aware of your own opinions and will soon be expressing them as you writing making your piece unique.
- Become the expert: After curating for some time you will soon develop your own expertise opinions and advice and will soon not need to curate.
Content Marketing is a Long Term Strategy.
There are many that insist that content creation brings immediate benefit. Unfortunately this is not true especially for those starting out. Until you become the trusted authority in your industry your content may take three to six months before you see real results.
Become The Authority.
Although this is true content created consistently over a three to six month period will generate more leads in the long term. Even content created a year ago can still achieve a surprising number of hits. Once it’s optimised properly and is easily searchable. You then as the content creator are well on your way to become the authority and your fresh new content will become more in demand.
Patience and Belief.
The main goal of content marketing is to achieve long lasting hits and continuous engagement, thus requiring a long term commitment. But if the commitment of continuously learning and the development of skill exists. The costs of conversions will be significantly be reduced.
The Good News.
The curation or content as discussed before will greatly reduce costs, resources, and time. This is not the only option but it is an option. For marketers looking to speed up there return on investment content curation is an answer but not the only solution. Research and planning are essential and most preferred and will achieve long term authority and trust. Content marketing taken seriously will achieve the best return on investment. In fact if you do it right and create a piece of ever green content you have hit the jackpot of content marketing